Saturday, October 23, 2010

How I started?


Well, I’m those type that enjoy finger food. Some finger foods are junk food as well. As you all know, junk food have little or no nutritional value to our body. Junk foods are also known to contain high level of saturated fats, salt or sugar, which are the substance to cause overweight problem if consumed too much. So, what I did is I will select my list of finger food very carefully. If you go to a supermarket, you will notice a lot of different type of finger foods which is healthy. For example, potato chips is one of my favorites. I will select those potato chips that is made out of 100% pure potato, less salt or best is non-salted. I also like cheese. Choose those less fat or non fat cheese. I do cut down on consumption of rice, noodles and bread.

Shopping tip: aim for those foods which stated low fat, non fat, less salt, non salt, less sugar, non sugar, pure, natural, organic term. Of course it might cost you a few more bucks. But hey, by spending few more bucks, you have a healthier body, it’s worth it!

I’m kinda like those type of meat-lover. Select the types of meat carefully. Choose chicken breast, fish, pork lean meat rather than those fatty type. I checked online there is a lot of people asking us to eat only vegetables or salad for whole day. Oh my, I can’t survive with that for a single meal. So starting, I try to consume mixture of lean meat with vegetables, along with those non-fat finger food.

Besides that, I started a short jog/ walk of 10 to 20 minutes per day or alternative days. Which ever that my body can cope. Yes, I do it step by step at a time. Bare in mind that rushing to get results will not help at all. Patient plays a very important role.

If you follow the above, I guess you can start loosing weight 1 to 5 kg in one month time. When you start noticing your body having some good results, you will tend to continue a much more healthy balance lifestyle. It always motivate me the most.